Latest Race News
- What are you doing with your 67 Minutes? - Quebeka Mobilising People with Bicycles.
- Freedom Ride Jozi - 20 July 2014. Start: Nelson Mandela Bridge, Johannesburg – GP.
- Badplaas Forever Resort MTB Challenge – 26 July 2014. Start: Badplaas Forever Resort, Badplaas – Mpl.
- Storms River Traverse - 3 Days - 08 to 10 August 2014. Start: Storms River Village, Garden Route, Tsitsikamma - WC.
Family Inclusion Boosts 36one Storms River Traverse Stage Race
- Sungardens Carousel Classic – 9 August 2014. Start: Carousel Casino & Entertainment World, Pretoria North – GP.
- De Groot Increases Trailseeker Series Lead With Second Victory - 2014 Nissan Trailseeker Mountain Bike Series - Hakahana, near Hartebeespoort Dam.
- New Race or Race Changes? Please remember for all things Cycling related that Cherry is the person to contact.
- Road saftey takes top priority as the mornings turn dark, visit www.iceid.co.za to organise your id bracelet ASAP!
- See our fabulous Tom Cottrell's Cyclists' Guide digital apps for Apple and Android.
- See our other publications here.
What are you doing with your 67 Minutes?
The late Mr Nelson Mandela followed three rules throughout his life, which he did at great personal sacrifice:
BEEP is designed to empower schools and communities to select and have oversight of bicycle beneficiaries. The primary selection criterion for beneficiaries is need and is based on the distance beneficiaries have to travel to school. Generally, 70% of the bicycles are designated for girl students.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
Take to the roads, trails or a stationary bicycle on (or around) 18 July and cycle for 67 minutes. You can arrange to meet your friends and cycle in a group, or you can just head out on your own. We don’t mind where you cycle, just that you do.
Take a photo of yourself before, after or during your cycle and post it to twitter or facebook. Don’t forget to tag us (@qhubeka) or use the hashtag: #67bicycles
Don't forget to see race changes and updates here!
If you are a race organiser please let us know if there are any changes we should know about.